The Holy church of Saint George
"This is the main church in the village, dedicated to saint George The Glorious. It was built in 1912 and entirely paid for by Michalis Tsolakides who had emigrated to Egypt but who never forgot his village of Vavatsinia. The church which is of the basilica style is to the 23 April and on 3 November. The church was built on the spot where there was a large “Trimithia” bush where villagers used to light a candle in honour of saint George.
The church of The All Holy Mother of God
"This was the first church of the village, was rebuilt in 1850 and is located east of the village. The church is famous for its singular “gynaeconiti” or gynaeceum (ladies section discreetly situated on a first floor level at the rear of the church) and is under the protection of the Antiquities Department. The church commemorates on 15 August after celebrations ensue.
The church of the Holy Mother of God, of the Koumniou
The church of the Holy Mother of God, of the “Koumniou” (earthen cask). This small church is situated south of the village on the road to Ora. It was built in 1979 to replace an older church which was dismantled. Unfortunately it is badly in need of repair and the church committee is hoping to raise the funds to build a new one based on the design of the original. It was named as above because of a small icon found hidden inside an earthen cask (‘Koumni’) by villagers as they cultivated their land. The villagers tried to transfer the icon to the village. During the day they used to take it to the village but during the evening it found its way back to its original spot. Thus they decided to build a small church at the specific site where it was found. The icon dates back to the eighteenth century and is commemorated on the Tuesday after Easter; a church service takes place after which a feast follows.